1) The Last Week: Have You Voted in the Pay and Conditions Ballot?
The last ‘safe’ date to return your ballot by post is Tuesday next week.
If you haven’t received your ballot papers yet, you have until Sunday to get a replacement using the online form [link].
To give UCU a mandate to take strike action before Christmas, you need to return your ballot.
If you have voted, note that UCU is currently consulting members on how to use a mandate for a course of industrial action with ‘widespread buy-in from members’. See the email: ‘Have your say: UCU Rising strategy consultation’.
2) Anti-Casualisation & TSR Contract Clinic Drop-In Event, TODAY, 13:00-14:00. Microsoft Teams
To join TODAY, click the link below:
Natasha Gregory, Head of HR Shared Services, will be responding to your TSR questions about contracts and the process. The event will also cover a ‘Know Your Rights’ session and an update on the work of our PGR and Pathway 2 reps.
3) USS Pension Restoration
Want to see what your restored USS pension will look like? Check out the USS Employer Modeller:
You, UCU members, have voted to support the UUK-USS agreement to restore our USS pensions.
‘By 1 April 2024, the 35% cut that was needlessly made to members’ future guaranteed retirement incomes will be fully reversed and they will also receive a one-off payment to help make good the money that was lost’.
4) Whither the Pay and Conditions Dispute?: Bristol UCU Strategy Session on the Future of the Pay & Conditions Dispute, Wednesday, 1st November, 13:00-14:00, Microsoft Teams
Join Bristol UCU members on Wednesday, 1st November for an open, hour-long online discussion + consultations on the questions below:
- How does UCU win the 2023-24 pay and conditions dispute? Are we close to winning? What does ‘winning’ look like?
- What should our plan be?
- When and what industrial action?
- Strike days, blocs, indefinite strike action or ASOS incl. MAB 2.0?
- Do we have the capacity for further strike action?
- Local deals or a sector-wide deal?