1) Have You Voted Yet?
Not posted your ballot paper? Return your pay and conditions industrial action ballot today.
2) UCU General Meeting, Wednesday, 18th October, 13:00-14:00, Microsoft Teams
We have our first branch GM Wednesday next week. To join, click on the Teams link:
- Apologies & Minutes of the Last Meeting
- Get The Vote Out & Pay and Conditions Dispute
- Pay and Grade Structure Negotiations
- Branch Officers’ Oral Report
3) USS Pensions: ‘A historic victory for UCU members’
We are on the verge of an important UCU victory, the restoration of our USS pension benefits following the cuts of April 2022, backed by UUK and to be implemented at the earliest possible opportunity.
‘[S]ubject to the outcome of the 2023 valuation process and consultations’, USS members will see the revocation of the April 2022 pension cuts.
Members need to complete the ‘UCU member consultation on recovery of USS benefits’, voting YES to ACCEPT the benefit recovery proposals. See your email inbox.
UCU and UUK have agreed to recommend:
- member benefits to return to pre-April 2022 levels
- a drop in contributions to 20.6%, a drop in your USS contributions to 6.1% from January 2024
- a one-off payment to make up/augment the benefits lost after April 2022
As a USS member, you also need to complete the USS consultation of individual members:
4) Anti-Casualisation & TSR Contract Clinic Drop-In Event, Wednesday, 25th October, 13:00-14:00. Microsoft Teams
To join on Wednesday, 25th October click the link below:
Natasha Gregory, Head of HR Shared Services, will be giving a brief presentation on TSR contracts, and then responding to your TSR questions about contracts and the process.
The event will also cover a ‘Know Your Rights’ session and an update on the work of our PGR and Pathway 2 reps.