1) Marking and Assessment Boycott — Week 4
- “Pay Rise, Not Pay Dock”: Bristol UCU Marking & Assessment Branch Rally, Tomorrow, 13:00-14:00, Peel Lecture Theatre, Geography Building
- We are looking for pledges of half a day’s pay for each week of the University of Bristol Summer Assessment period. Please pledge by clicking the link below:
If you are, for example, a Bristol UCU member with no current marking and assessment duties, this is an excellent way to support MAB-ing colleagues.
- Members will be balloted shortly to ask whether they are prepared to take local, targetted strike action over the University’s punitive pay docking.
- Bristol UCU members should not fill in the Industrial Action Staff Notification Form on SharePoint [link].
- If you are asked about a specific assessment task in the period before marks/feedback are due for release, you should answer:
The Bristol branch of the UCU’s advice is that Bristol UCU members are under no duty to report their boycotting unless directly asked about a specific marking and assessment duty or task not being undertaken at the time.
As the marks/feedback for this duty is not yet released, and I am under no obligation as is to have completed this duty before the date on which it is due, I cannot answer this question until after the date of release.
- Join Bristol UCU members at 4pm for our strike social tomorrow at Hamilton House.
- Migrant MAB-ing member? https://www.ucu.org.uk/heaction-migrantworkers
- Head of School? SED? FED? Manager? https://www.ucu.org.uk/MAboycottFAQs#17._What_if_I_am_a_head_of_department_or_manager?