1) Emergency Online General Meeting, Wednesday, 19th May, 13:00-14:00, via Microsoft Teams
Wednesday next week Bristol UCU members are invited to an Emergency Online General Meeting on Anti-Casualisation.
To see the motion for debate and approval, please click on the link below:
The motion updates members on the current progress since our 2018 Anti-Casualisation Claim [link] and calls on the University to commit anew to measures to ensure secure employment and fair treatment for our fixed-term, hourly-paid and part-time staff.
To join the meeting next week, click on the link below:
A reminder with the joining link will be sent to you before the EOGM.
2) Why I Joined #2 and Upcoming PS Term Events
Why I joined … is a series of articles from members across Professional Services talking about why they joined UCU and what being part of the union means to them.
In the second article of the series, Sarah McAlinden tells her personal story of why she joined UCU:
Professional Services term continues with a couple of dates for your diary for upcoming sessions:
- The restructure survival guide for Professional Services staff, 1pm to 2pm, Thursday 20 May.
- Supporting Professional Services staff across Unions with UCU, Unison and Unite, 1pm to 2pm, Tuesday 1 June.
Joining details for these Microsoft Teams events will follow.
3) Celia Hollingworth Remembered
Long-standing UCU members will remember Celia Hollingworth. For many years Celia was the UCU rep for IT Services, and was one of our most caring and passionate branch members. She is still much missed.
For more on Celia’s memorial in her home town and other commemorations, click on the link to our blog below:
4) USS Divestment from Myanmar
If you are a member of USS, please sign this letter calling for divestment from Myanmar:
5) Congrats to Mercedes!
Our former Membership/Recruitment Officer Mercedes Villalba [link] has been elected as Member of the Scottish Parliament for North East Scotland (Region):