Bristol UCU Newsflash, 27th January 2021

1) Claiming Strike Pay: Local Branch Hardship Fund and National Fighting Fund

Colleagues who took industrial action in December can claim strike pay from the National Fighting Fund and our Local Branch Hardship Fund.

The National UCU Fighting Fund will provide strike pay for the 2nd and 3rd days of strike action. Details of how to claim are at:

  • Our Local Branch Hardship Fund will cover the first day of strike action taken by non-HPT/TSA members, and all lost contact delivery hours in the case of HPTs/TSAs.
  • Salaried staff on Grade J or below, or who earn £30,000 pa or less where strike pay deductions have been made from pay packets—expected at the end of January 2022—can submit a claim.
  • All claims must include your email to notifying the University that you took strike action.

Full details of how to claim strike pay from the Local Hardship Fund are set out at:

Additionally, it would help if you included your UCU membership number in your claim. To find out your membership number, send an email with a blank subject line to:
Any claims or questions about the Local Hardship Fund should be sent to: