1) UCU Industrial Action Ballots – What’s Next
Our USS and 4 Fights ballot closed midday today.
- Friday, 5th November: the ballot results for this branch and all other balloted branches in the 2 disputes announced.
- Tuesday, 9th November: Bristol UCU reps and Executive Committee meet to discuss ballots’ results. Bristol UCU reps and Exec to determine the branch view vis-à-vis a set of specific questions (TBC) and to nominate 2 branch delegates to go forward to a meeting of Branch Delegates. Please do get in touch with your School, Department or PS rep to let them know your thoughts on the results.
- Friday 12th November (AM): a Branch Delegate Meeting (BDM) convenes to advise UCU’s Higher Education Committee (HEC)
- Friday 12th November (PM): HEC meets to review the advice from the BDM and decide on next steps, whether to call industrial action (at eligible branches) and/or to mandate reballoting at select branches.