1) ‘Surviving Your Casualised Contract, Bristol UCU Anti-Casualisation Workshop, Wednesday, 29th September 2021, 17:00-18:00, Microsoft Teams
Calling all casualised staff (new and old)! UCU Bristol Branch and the Bristol Anti-Precarity Network are pleased to present their inaugural virtual workshop event, which will serve as a ‘survival guide’ for anyone in casual or precarious employment at the University of Bristol (e.g. those on fixed-term or hourly-paid contracts and those on the Graduate Teacher Scheme or Teaching Support Roles, or in TSS).
Come along for:
- Contributions from guest speaker Vicky Blake (current UCU President and former casualised worker)
- Insider tips and tricks from the experts
- Info on your rights as a casual worker
- Introduction to Bristol Anti-Precarity Network and its campaign to stamp out casualisation
- Overview of how UCU can support you at work and how we can help each other
Everyone welcome, especially new joiners. Please share widely among your networks. Membership of UCU not necessary to attend this event.
This event will take place on Microsoft Teams. Join using the link: