1) Update – Gender Pay Gap Claim Negotiations
Good news to report to members. Following an encouraging meeting with University leads, Bristol UCU negotiators are pleased to note that the University has responded positively to those areas of our Gender Pay Gap Claim on which we were keen to see meaningful progress.
See the Bristol UCU blog post ‘Closing The Gap – Bristol UCU Gender Pay Claim Update’ [link] and the all-members email ‘Message from the President – Update on the UCU Gender Pay Claim’, 3rd July for further information
Those areas on which we were seeking meaningful progress were:
- Enabling and supporting transfer between pathways
- A timetable for a joint review with UCU of flexible and part-time working, and the impact of these on progression and promotion
- All posts being advertised as job share as the default/norm by start of academic year 2019/20
- Clarification of the future governance of the gender pay issue, including confirmation of union representation
Bristol UCU and the University are in the process of drafting a collective agreement.
2) Global Climate Change Stoppage, 12:00-12:30, Friday, 20th September
This Friday Bristol UCU, along with other campus trade unions, is assembling at College Green for 12pm to mark the 30-min Global Climate Change Stoppage.
Campus unions called for and support the University’s current pro-stoppage position. All staff are free to participate in the stoppage, for 30 minutes between 12.00 pm and 12:30 pm on 20 September as a symbolic stoppage in support of the global climate strike.
3) Support our Services Meeting, 18:30-20:30, Monday, 30th September
Student-lead mental health campaign Support our Services is looking for UCU members and staff to share their experiences at their meeting on Monday, 30th September.
The campaign aims to bring students and staff together to campaign to improve mental health services at the University.
For more details, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.