1) Don’t Delay, Vote Today – HE Pay and Equality Ballot
If you have not voted in the UCU consultative ballot on our latest pay and equality offer, please check your inbox and vote today!
Ballot closes a week today.
If you need a replacement e-ballot, please use this link:
Please note that UCU recommends you vote to reject the current offer:
- The headline 2% pay offer does nothing to restore ground lost against inflation since 2010 which UCU estimates to be 21% (when pay settlements are cumulatively compared to rises in RPI)
- 2% reflects continuing de-prioritisation of staff pay; while the proportion of university expenditure spent on staff has fallen to just 54.7%, reserves held by institutions have increased by 259% and capital expenditure by 34.9%
- the offer for limited work concerning casualised contracts falls way short of the action needed to urgently address widespread precarious employment and improve security for the most vulnerable staff in the sector
- the offer does not involve action to deal with excessive workloads or compensate members for the excessive hours worked.
2) Special Higher Education Sector Conference, Thursday, 21st June, Manchester
Tomorrow branch delegates from UCU HE branches will be attending a UCU Special Higher Education Sector Conference (called by 20 branches) ‘to discuss the USS dispute’.
21 Motions have been circulated in advance of the decision-making meeting in Manchester:
Please note that amended motions will be circulated tomorrow at the HESC.
3) 2018/19 Membership Subscriptions
For more details: