In a previous Newsflash, 5th July, we highlighted a number of issues and concerns which Bristol UCU had with the current UniForum benchmarking programme. This reflected a national UCU briefing:
Bristol UCU would also like to emphasise the involvement of the campus trade unions in the roll-out of UniForum at Bristol. UCU reps, along with Unite and Unison reps, have had a number of opportunities to be informed about the programme and are now members of the Uniforum staff panel.
If Professional Services staff (or any other members) have any comments regarding UniForum which they wish us to raise at the staff panel, please email UCU reps: email@example.com.
2) E-Ballot on Higher Education Pay – Closes TOMORROW
If you haven’t voted, please check your inbox and do so ASAP. E-ballot closes TOMORROW.
- Missing e-ballots can be replaced by requesting a new one using this simple online form.
- Any issues arising or questions about the e-ballot should be Matt Waddup: firstname.lastname@example.org
3) Summer Reading
Bristol UCU’s work representing members generates a good deal of reportage and statement.
The below docs testify to Bristol UCU’s attempts to improve the collective terms and conditions of academic and professional services staff – the staff experience – at the University of Bristol. This in the context of falling pay and an ever-expanding set of workload expectations.
- On close personal relationships at work:
- On Brexit and UoB staff:
- On TEF and the NSS Boycott
- On Casualised Staff:
- On Staff Constraint
4) Newsflash Takes A Summer Break
‘Flash will be back in September.